Div 1A - Who will be champion

nobody

Re: Div 1A - Who will be champion

Post by nobody »

My money is on sacred heart. This weekends game will be the decider.
Piker

Post by Piker »

Very much a big weekend in the scheme of things. At this stage if Mercedes avoid defeat, you'd back them in to do the business. if they dont then it will probably come down to the SHOC v ROCS game on teh last day.

Rostrevor themselves have been very impressive in the second half of the season knocking off most opponents. looks as thou they've left thier run just a fraction late thou and could've been amongst the top couple with a win or two more earlier in the season. Having said that, they dont have the easiest run in with Unley, Pembroke and SHOC to come. Unley are a raffle, Pembroke solid in defence and SHOC obviously up the top end.

prediction: a draw in 1 vs 2 this week then Mercedes to knock off Pulteney in a close one the following week and then make a mess of Scotch on the final day.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

After Rostrevor beat Uni White on the weekend and the top 2 teams had close wins it has now become a 2 horse race with 3 rounds to play.

Mercedes hold a 1pt lead on the ladder and had a 2-0 win in there meeting this year at home.

The game this week between Sacred Heart and Mercedes will only decide the winner of the championship if Mercedes win. That will put them 4 pts clear with 2 games to play and they could afford to drop points in one of their games.

If Sacred Heart win they will go top by 2 pts but unfortunately have to play Rostrevor in the last game of the year. Traditional school rivals and there would be no way that Rostrevor would simply turn up for a kick around. They will try even harder to knock them off top position.

Last year Rostrevor played a part in deciding the final results as they drew with Mercedes in the 2nd to last game of the year to keep Pembroke top.

This year Rostrevor could be involved again by trying to get points from Sacred Heart to enable Mercedes a championship win.

Basically the reverse of last year.

We are a step closer to finding the winner so hopefully the game tomorrow between the top 2 is a good one. I am hoping that club officials have requested lines people as this is a big game and hopefully the referee appointed does a good job.

Good luck and look forward to hearing the result.
Piker

Post by Piker »

any reports from the big match up from the weekend?

seemed a close one.
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Piker wrote:any reports from the big match up from the weekend?

seemed a close one.
Yeah I saw the game. Even game all round, Merc keeper kept them ahead 1-0 at half time with some great saves. Merc had an early chance after SHOC GK error and Forster easily tucked it away. After half time SHOC got the equaliser then went ahead 2-1. Merc pulled it back to 2-2, then SHOC scored a ripper free kick from 25 yards. SHOC probably had the better of the chances and did well with 5-6 first team players out apparently. Still far from over, I wouldnt be calling them the champion yet.
Piker

Post by Piker »

not over at all, that last round fixture between SHOC and ROCS is going to be a massive game. ROCS have been pretty much running as hot as anyone in the second half of the season so SHOC's will need to be on thier game.

I'd imagine Mercedes will win their last two, so... still plenty on the line.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

The A's championship will be decided on the last day.

Sacred Heart (1) vs Rostrevor (4)

Scotch (8) vs Mercedes (2)

Mercedes should get the points but Scotch have had a good 2nd of season. They have beaten Uni White (3) and Unley (6) in the last few weeks so it might not be a walk over.

Mercedes should get the win here.

The grand Final - Sacred Heart v Rostrevor.

Sacred Heart must win to be champions. A draw or lose and they will be hoping that Scotch pull off an upset against Mercedes.

Last time the team met Sacred Heart won 4-1. Rostrevor will want revenge and these 2 teams are big school rivals.

Rostrevor have not conceded a goal in its last 2 games so Sacred Heart will have a tough time getting a goal.

Sacred Heart have also come from a mini break due to forfeit so this could either help them or even go against them.

The question for Rostrevor is who do they want to win the championship? The answer is none of these teams. they are traditional rivals but one of them has to win and Rostrevor will play a part in deciding the winner.

Last year Rostrevor did the job for Pembroke with a game to go to draw with Mercedes and keep Pembroke on top at the expense of Mercedes.

I think this year Rostrevor will return the favour to Mercedes and knock off Sacred Heart as I think the pressure might get to the Blues.

Should be a great game. Good luck to Sacred Heart its all in your hands.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Latest Betting Odds:

Sacred Heart - $1.80 / Draw - $3.00 / Rostrevor - $3.50
avagoyamug
Current Club: Sacret Heart

Post by avagoyamug »

Shoc wins 4-1.

Well done boys had a good year. Heard Rostrevor were quite poor. Anyway good result
White Unicorn

Post by White Unicorn »

Was at the Sacred Heart game saturday, was suprised that there was nothing awarded, is this the norm from previous years? A little weird i think, i know with the logistics of first past the post scenario means SHC or Merc could have won the league and hard to be 2 places at once, but yeah i think a bit of a downer. Something in my opinion to be improved on. Clubs pay the fees, there should be some reward for the eventual Div 1 Premier.