Div 4 match abandoned

Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Re: Div 4 match abandoned

Post by Ross30 »

I've been notified today that the FFSA Disciplinary Committee will most likely be conducting a hearing on Wednesday 22 May. So it looks like it'll be another few weeks before there's an outcome. A bit frustrating, as we submitted our report within 48 hours as per the rules (the CSL's rules are identical to FFSA's rules in relation to abandoned matches) and the match was played on 20 April.

As other posts have stated, there is a discretion on the part of the Disciplinary Committee to allow the result to stand where 75% or more of the game has been played. It's not an absolute rule that the result must stand in those circumstances. Given the context in which the abdandoment occurred we (Pembroke) would feel rather hard done by if the result is allowed to stand. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

I dont know the full story but from what I have heard it looks like the FFSA will award Pembroke a 3-0 win.
Suspend the player involved for a number of matches. My guess would be 6-9 games. The best thing that can happen here is that the FFSA come down hard on the player so that others dont follow in his footsteps.

I really dont understand how this can happen in a Div 4 game. This shouldnt happen in any division but things can sometimes get heated in the top divisions.

I am sure that UniSA would of dealt with the person as they dont tolerate that behaviour either.

The player has let his club and team down. Thats sufficient punishment + he will likely miss 6-9 games. My guess anyway.

Everyone makes mistakes. Hopefuly he learns from it.
Ross30
Current Club: Pembroke

Post by Ross30 »

The FFSA Disciplinary Committee heard the matter tonight. A 3-0 win was awarded to Pembroke. The Uni SA player admitted the offence and received a 5 match ban with one week suspended. Some more information may be published by FFSA or the CSL but I won't say anything further about it on the forum.
Gygaz
Current Club: Pultney

Post by Gygaz »

Suspended player... Right result, awarding the team that was losing with 10ish mins to go the points..... Not so sure. Still I guess that's why I'm no where near any committee's